Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
Shiny New Gadget Of The Month:
The Lighter Side: Happy Cookie Month!
Now it’s super easy to keep track of stuff on the go. Just attach, stick or drop your Tile into any item you might lose: laptops, wallets, keys, guitars, bikes—you name it. Download and sync the app and you’ll never have to worry about losing it again! Pre-order this little device and you’ll be able to:
- The most popular type of home-baked cookie is the Chocolate Chip cookie.
- Over-mixing the dough or adding too much flour can result in hard, tough cookies.
- The first animal crackers were produced in the United States by Stauffer’s Biscuit Company in 1871. Nabisco’s Barnum’s circus version hit the market in 1902.
- The modern version of the Fig Newton was created in 1891 and is named for the city of Newton, Massachusetts.
- The Oreo cookie was invented in 1912.
- Ladyfingers are used in tiramisu because the cookies so readily absorb the sweet syrup and liqueur used to make the traditional Italian dessert.
- While Italians use the word “biscotti” to refer to all types of cookies, Americans think of “biscotti” as the long, dry cookies that are served with hot drinks for dunking. The name is derived from “bis,” meaning twice, and “cotto,” meaning cooked. Baking the cookies twice results in their hard, crumbly texture
|That Could Never Happen to My Business!!!|
You hear about companies that suffer from technology disasters and I am sure it feels good to tell yourself: “That could never happen to my business…” But what makes your company different? What disaster recovery plan do you have in place? Do you feel confident?
|7 Reasons Why Getting Rid of Windows XP Will Likely Save You From Viruses and Malware on Your Computer|
In case you have not heard, on April 9th, 2014 Microsoft will no longer have Windows updates, for security patches which will leave your system open to viruses and hackers. Although many businesses have been getting rid of Windows XP for at least the last 3 years, the fact remains that as of early this year, around 500 million business computers were still running Windows XP. With April quickly approaching, here are 7 of the top reasons running Windows XP should scare any business owner right now:
|How To Prevent ATM Skimming|
Over a billion dollars are lost each year in the United States through “ATM Skimming” – far more than any losses from bank robberies – and it’s growing at a rate of more than 10% every year. ATM Skimming is a cybercrime where the criminals steal (or “skim”) your ATM/debit card data when you’re using a typical ATM machine.
|The Constant Climb Of Entrepreneurship|
Today, as I write this, I am sitting on a veranda with the most magnificent views of Jamaica. I came here to speak at the annual Business Summit event in Kingston, and my wonderful host has me staying in a villa at Strawberry Hill. My room sits on top of a mountain (a hill for Jamaicans, a mountain for New Jerseians), overlooking other mountains in all directions. The drive up here was fascinating.
|FreedomIQ VoIP Phone System|
Here are a few features you get with our VOIP phone system
- Unlimited calling within the U.S.
- No expensive on-premise equipment and you will never have to upgrade your equipment again.
- No call switch to repair or replace.
- Unite your remote offices and telecommuters with your central office by integrating all locations into a single manageable phone network.
- Built in Disaster Recovery, never loose your phone service again. If a disaster or other emergency at your location causes you to be unable to reach your phones, you can access your system settings and instantly reroute calls to cell phones or home office.
- Have your voicemail e-mailed, text, or even a call from the system letting you know that you have a voicemail. You can even log onto your portal and get your voice mail online.
- Real time call reports.
- Recorded Calls, you can record a call on all extensions, even down to a single extension.
- Name and Address Capture. Great if you want to send out mailings to your customers.
- Salesforce and Outlook integration. Freedom IQ offers a plug-in that integrates your system with your contacts in Salesforce.com and Microsoft Outlook, to allow you to place calls directly from within either application.
- Complete with system features like call queue, custom hold music, 3-way calling, transfer calls to any extension or even your mobile phone.
There are many more great features with this system that we will cover in upcoming newsletters. If you would like to see more now, go to www.freedomiq.com or give us a call at 717-283-4030. We would love to show you a demo of the system.
That’s it for this month. Remember, if you need help in implementing
any of this month’s tips, contact us —we’re here to help.
This mail was sent from:
Snap Computer Solutions, LLC
137 W. Main St Leola, PA 17540
© 2013 Snap Computer Solutions, LLC. All rights reserved.